Monday, February 13, 2012

Serenade for Alto Flute - more work on the parts

This is a work in progress.
Today I was able to work on the variations of the theme. Dotted eighth and sixteenth or two eighth notes. I plan more variations, but that's a start. I'm really digging the long string parts. I've built a new jig at home to make more long string samples. I already have samples that go from G0 to B0, but then they skip all the way up to G3. This means that when Csound looks for a sample to play, it has to use one that was far lower than the called for note. Best practices says that samples should not be more than a whole tone away from their original note. I planned to close that gap today, but was called to a customer meeting in Portland. I can't wait to see what the gap filling produces.Play it here

or download this link

Subscribe here: to this RSS feed

No comments: